BzzAgent Badge

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

EGADS! Is That A Long Beard, Or Are You Happy To See Me?

No Shave November is now in full swing! Thanks again to Mr. Boyd Tracy  and  Mr Rich Germain for the remarks they left on this event page making me WANT to have fun with the event. So far, I'm resisting any temptation to de-fuzz my face. YAY me for following through! I know it's only 3 days in, but I'm proud of myself nonetheless....I wonder how many people have already caved?


Mmmmm....sexay!!!! In many of the world's cultures, facial hair has been long revered on men because it denotes virility (high testosterone, high sex drive, high ability to procreate), as well as wisdom.  I wonder how many women really actually liked their men with a beard that was longer than the hair on their own heads? Eesh...my face and thighs both cringe at the mere thought of the beard burn that this baby would cause ;). Bruce has more follicles on his face that grow hair than he does on his head--which I don't mind at all. He normally keeps a goatee, but that's because he thinks he has a baby face with no facial hair. Alex calls his goatee "pokey pokes". He also has more hair on his back than on his head--which, I actually love--it kid of adds to his teddy bear appeal ;). Never cared for "Man Pelts" when I was younger, but now that I am older and wiser, really don't care. I'll take a man with a carpet on his chest and patchy fur on his back over  Rumplestiltskin any day ;).  And, hey, any man who doesn't bitch (and actually respected my decision and goaded me on too!) when I don't shave my legs or pits (or remove my facial hair) because "It's the principle!!" is A-OK in my book! I wonder how many women are lucky enough in the US to have a significant other in their life that doesn't care if they're furry?

That's all for today, my loves. Remember--keep your chins up and your razors down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love U this is great! this is from the oringianal trouble maker! :P

BLHess said...

Awww, hugs and thank you ;)