BzzAgent Badge

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MORE John Grisham Love-Didja know?

                              


***I like the close up better ;)***

John Grisham's book, "The Confession" won the inaugural Harper Lee Prize For Legal Fiction , which was created to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the release of Harper Lee's book To Kill A Mockingbird .

"United States Attorney General Eric Holder helped initiate this award at a ceremony last September in Tuscaloosa, marking the 50th anniversary of the publication of To Kill A Mockingbird. Ms. Harper Lee, who attended The University of Alabama School of Law, approved of this award."

One can only imagine John Grisham's feelings of honor and joy at being chosen for this award that will be presented to him on September 22, 2011, not to mention the WONDERFUL knowledge of the fact that Ms. Harper Lee herself APPROVED of the award!

There is a quote that is attributed to Ms. Lee--when she was asked by her cousin why she never wrote another novel after To Kill A Mockingbird, she reportedly answered, "When you have a hit like that, you can't go anywhere but down." And you know what? I always was very divided on that--half of me WANTED more from her, but the other half gave me a whole different perspective on WHAT she wrote in that book and WHAT she addressed in that novel....in the time period it was written! I can NEVER read that novel (I have lost count of how many times I have read it), or see the play (once, I might add, which was put on in a High School production with the PERFECT Atticus Finch) without seeing and appreciating it even more.


I am SO very glad that Grisham continues to BRING IT! Every damn time!!!! And I am sure he could quite comfortably retire and live a financially worry free life. But why should a mind with SO many stories to tell do so? I am SO glad he keeps writing, and even gladder STILL that he sees that his star continues to rise! AND, you have to imagine HOW many writers in the Legal Thriller genre are (and WILL BE) influenced, just as his predecessors did for him (one of them being, the great Ms. Lee herself!).


SO SO SO many Bestsellers....SO many perfectly cast blockbusters based on his novels!!


So now, not only does he have the VERY FIRST Harper Lee Prize For American Fiction (well, not technically, as it has not been actually been presented yet, but that's only a technicality since his book WAS chosen as the winner of the award ;)), but he is NOW on the verge of giving us yet another "SURE TO BE BESTSELLER" with The Litigators ! Can't Wait! The pre order for the hardcover on Amazon will only be $15.98 plus shipping, but if you add in any of the other Grisham titles that offer free super saver shipping, you will have free shipping, and will likely receive your copy of The Litigators on or about the release date (Oct. 25th 2011).


OH! ALSO! As per his Facebook Page , "John Grisham is currently on three different New York Times Print Bestseller Lists! | You'll find THEODORE BOONE: The Abduction on the Children's Chapter Books List, THEODORE BOONE: Kid Lawyer on the Children's Paperback Books List, and THE CONFESSION in the #1 slot on the Mass-Market Fiction List! |"


WHAT A GUY!


**As you all well know by now, I am a bzzagent, and I am a part of a campaign to help promote the upcoming novel "The Litigators". These are my HONEST opinions expressed, as I am a SUPER HUGE John Grisham fan...not stalker like, but a huge fan, nonetheless. I hope you can see my passion for his works, and that I am BEYOND thrilled to spread buzz about someone whose writings I LOVE**

No comments: