BzzAgent Badge

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

30 Days Of Brenda #5("What is your definition of Love?")

Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend...I enjoyed some much needed time with Bruce!

How does one really "define" love? What kind of "Love" are we defining? The love for your child (UNFETTERED AND UNCONDITIONAL)? The love for your family? The love for your friends? The love for your significant other? I hate that old break-up excuse (I love you , I'm just not "in-love" with you... Seriously, WTF??). For the purposes of this exercise, I will be addressing "spousal" love.

At 19, I thought I found "love".... and honestly, if it weren't for his lying and cheating, we would have remained together to this day--he's someone else's headache now, and, for the life of me, I can't understand why she has not gotten rid of him throughout his years of deceit and cheating with her, but hey, not everyone is strong enough to realize that they are better off without a person who drags them "down" instead of lifting you "up".

At 25, I thought I found "love".... but what I found was a companionship that never should have evolved into a  marriage and should have remained a friendship.

At 36, I found "Love".... examples of which are:

He sees me at my best (physically AND emotionally) and my worst (again, physically AND emotionally), and still decries how beautiful I am and how much he loves me.

I think we have both gained about 40 pounds since we met, yet it in no way affects our mutual attraction.

He's a Republican (who comes from a long line of Republicans) and doesn't mind my extremely opposing political viewpoints.

He will gladly eat (WITH full compliment!!) even my most disastrous recipe experiments.

I could go on and on, but you get the gist ;).

Defining "Love" is really hard to do...as I really can't fit something so esoteric into something as concrete as a definition. What I DO know, is that now, in my 40's, I realize that when a person experiences "True Love", they aren't afraid to feel it OR express it :).

Stay tuned for tomorrow, when you will read about "My Day".

No comments: