BzzAgent Badge

Saturday, September 18, 2010

30 Days Of Brenda Catch-up! (days 10-16)

Sooooo....after returning from the mini-vacation to the beach and celebrating the anniversary, I am going to catch up on my "3o Days" posts!

Day 10 (What I wore today)
This day was a traveling day--the uniform of the day was comfy gouchos, flip flops, and a t-shirt--which evolved into a bathing suit for beach time!

Day 11 (My Siblings)
My siblings--I have a twin brother named Brian (I'M the oldest, though, by 5 minutes!!), and a younger sister named Heather. I never get to see them enough, and that is particularly hard since (as none of us really have a relationship to speak of with our parents) we are pretty much all the "family" that we have...ah well, we all have our own families, too. LOVE them with all my heart, though!

Day 12 (What is in my bag)
eesh...honestly, it would be easier to discus what ISN'T in my bag! Since I am the mother or a preschooler and a toddler, I have more things in there for THEM than for me. I have the following currently in my bag:
10 Hotwheels cars
a ziploc bag full of wipes
2 diapers
a bib
my wallet
A VERY FULL COUPON HOLDER!!
my keys
6 different packs of gum
2 tins of sugar-free altoids
2 Littlest Petshop Happy Meal toys
all kinds of hair ties (for me AND for Sedona)
3 playlist cd's
2 different kinds of lip balm (Rosebud Salve and Eos)
3 different lip glosses
an eyeliner/eyeshadow pen
PENS!!!
my ipod and earphones
tons of random receipts
scissors
a bracelet
my phone (which I can never seem to find in the black abyss of the purse! Think I'll make a bright cover for it!)

WHEW!!!!

Day 13 (This Week)
Short and sweet....mini-vacation and anniversary (going on a delayed "night away" on Oct 2nd-hehe can't WAIT!!!!

Day 14 (What I wore Today)
Well, this was a  post-trip decompression  day (AND the anniversary!), and I honestly stayed in the t-shirt and jammie bottoms ALL day! Didn't even wear a bra!!! Cooked a wonderful dinner, though!

Day 15 (My Dreams)
My dreams....hm. Well, quite honestly, the only "dream" I get to live a long and happy life enjoying my children and (hopefully one day) grandchildren alongside my wonderful husband.

Day 16 (Your First Kiss)
My first kiss (a peck, really) was as innocent and unsophisticated as they come...I think his name was John, and we were both in the 3rd grade. He gave me a quick peck on the lips (I honestly think I was grossed out by it to tell you the truth!).

My first "REAL" kiss....(you know the one I'm talking about--the one you wait your whole teen life for)--I also remember being kind of disgusted by. A girl spends a lot of time thinking about her first kiss, and romanticizing about it. LOTS of time imagining herself as the heroine on the cover of a trashy romance novel being duly kissed by the handsome hero. What they GET is usually far from it. What I got was a kid who opened his mouth (think Edvard Munch's "The Scream" painting) quite wide, came at me that way, and sloppily planted one on me. This is the same boy who had his best friend tell me that he was breaking up with me (...jackass...).

Anyhoooo.....LOTS of kisses since then! when I became single again and spent a few years "dating" and being "fixed up", it really surprised me how many men there were that actually reached adulthood STILL kissing with that same sloppy, awkward teen boy technique (...ew...). Is it too much to ask that adult single men put just a LITTLE effort into learning how to properly kiss a woman?

Eh...at least I don't have to worry about that anymore--I was fortunate enough to marry an AWESOME kisser ;).

No comments: